Tips for using this tool:
- There are some mandatory fields marked with a * where information is required before you can submit your form – these include the date and location of the sighting. If the form doesn’t submit, check that these mandatory items have been completed.
- If you see a mother and baby koala together submit the one form and select ‘Adult Female with young’ with 2 individuals present.
- Try uploading a photo – we’d love to see your koalas!
- Give as much information as possible, the more the better!
If you have any questions or comments regarding this process, please do not hesitate to email. We’d love to straighten out any issues.
If you are experiencing difficulty using this system you can email your sightings to email@example.com and we will enter them for you.
Specific information that we would like to know includes:
- date and time of sighting
- details of location (eg in park opp No 6 Koala Street, Suburb)
- your name and contact details (optional – but useful if we need to contact you to clarify some information)
- the number of koalas sighted at that location
- if possible, the sex and health of the koala
- a brief description of the area (eg Urban, Acreage, Park/School, Roadside, Creekline/Bush, Commercial/Industrial)
- the situation the koala is in (tree type or on road, fence etc)
- how often you see koalas there.
We appreciate your support as this fantastic tool gets up and running.
If you would like to find out more information about The Atlas of Living Australia please click here.