Tips for using this tool:
- There are several mandatory fields marked with a * that are required before you will be allowed to submit your form – these include the date and location of the sighting. Make sure you check these are done if the form won’t submit.
- If you see a mum and bub together submit the one form and select ‘Adult Female with young’.
- Try uploading a photo if you feel confident – we’d love to see your koalas!
- Give as much information as possible, the more the better!
If you have any questions or comments regarding this new method, please do not hesitate to email. We’d love to straighten out any issues.
If you are experiencing difficulty using this system you can email your sightings to email@example.com and we will enter them for you.
Specific information that we would like to know includes:
- date and time of sighting
- details of location (eg in park opp No 6 Koala Street, Suburb)
- your name and contact details (optional – but useful if we need to contact you to clarify some information)
- the number of koalas sighted at that location
- if possible, the sex and health of the koala
- a brief description of the area (eg Urban, Acreage, Park/School, Roadside, Creekline/Bush, Commrcial/Industrial)
- the situation the koala is in (tree type or on road, fence etc)
- how often you see koalas there.
We appreciate your support as this fantastic tool gets up and running.
If you would like to find out more information about The Atlas of Living Australia please click here.